Friday, June 7, 2013

Schools Out!

School's out! School's out! Today is my daughters' last day of school. No more 3 hour long nights of homework. No more night after night of after-school activities and no more waking the kids up at 6 a.m. I don't know who is actually more happy, me or my kids? Summer is finally here! So as a celebration of summer beginning, I've included the anthem to end of the school year.


Time for summer fun!

Summer  is the season for road trips in my family. Every summer we hit the road for a 6 hour drive to the Wisconsin north woods. On other weekends, we'll take short 2 1/2 hour rides to my parents' mobile home or one of the many beautiful state parks Wisconsin has to offer. One thing I've never really paid attention to until I started working for Quick Cable is the battery. I don't mean just the battery but the battery and everything around it: cables, connectors and corrosion.

Family posing in Park Falls, Wisconsin and beautiful field just south of Park Falls
Once I started working for Quick Cable I learned all about connectors, conductivity, crimping, cable, heat shrink, corrosion, vibration, moisture, replacement ends.. you name it, I became educated on the science of battery connectors. So now every time I open the hood, it's just natural to first look at and around the battery to see what kind of condition it is in. Is there corrosion? Are the connectors tight around the posts? Are the cables securely attached to the connectors? You don't want to be in the middle of nowhere when your battery fails due to a poor connection. Believe me, I know. Even working here, it took our Landcrusier failing to start, with wife, kids and 2 very large, hairy dogs in the car on a hot 90° degree day to realize that a poor battery connector can ruin a picture perfect family vacation. 

So enjoy the summer! Go somewhere, do something new but don't forget to check your vehicle, especially the battery.

Richard Sosa
Video Producer/Blogger
Quick Cable Corporation
rsosa@quickcable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment