Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Connectors

When I was 14, I received my first camera as a gift from my parents for my 8th grade graduation. My mom was always in touch with her children's interests and she always encouraged them. I would always ask to take pictures with her camera so I guess she realized it might be worthwhile to invest in my interests.  Other than a photography class I took my sophomore year in high school, I pretty much kept it to a casual hobby. I remember taking "portraits" of my dogs Prince and Daisy. Setting up backdrops and moving all the living room lamps and my dad's work lights and using them to create my "studio."  Years would go by before I'd take another photograph.  I remember the early 90's when I dusted off the camera to take our "cool" band pics.
My band "Down Down Mary". Photo was found years later with water damage from being stored in a wet basement
Nico, our Malamute hanging out on the pier in Park Falls, Wisconsin at sunrise 2011
Fast forward to today and I'm still doing the same thing, taking photos of my pets and improvising to get the best possible photos, not just for my own enjoyment now but for Quick Cable. 

6,000 SKU's

When your company has over 6,000 SKU's and you're the head of photography for your company you're bound to have some thoughts on product photography.


  • Rescue products are beautiful! These are probably my favorite products to shoot because their engineering and aesthetic qualities are so intertwined. You can see their durability, ruggedness and functionality in plain sight and at any angle. 
Rescue® 1060 Power Pack.
  • 360° Degree Photography is the future. Recently we started shooting our Rescue packs on revolving turntables to give a 360° view (Watch this!) We'll be expanding this to other product categories soon.
Katie Markson,  Quick Cable Photographer taking photos of Rescue 6000 for 360°

  • Shooting our connectors and seeing them in print, you realize that they're not just a commodity but something special. Its important that customers are able to see what they are buying. To see the quality and details of a product like our Quick® Connectors is worth a 1000 connectors. Our goal is to accurately represent our product selection and help you sell more! They have to be good.

    Quick® Flag Connector

    As a Quick Cable dealer or distributor, you probably don't have your own dedicated photo and video personnel but you don't have to. We've made all our photography available for download for your next catalog or web overhaul. Just contact your Quick Cable account manager and we'll set you up the same day for bulk download of our product photo library. Like the old phrase "Mi Casa es Su Casa.",  consider our photo library your photo library and leave the fussing with the lights and background to us! Happy Sales!

    Richard Sosa
    Video Producer/Photographer
    Quick Cable Corporation





No comments:

Post a Comment